JR Smith is a former professional basketball player who played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for 16 seasons. He is best known for his three-point shooting, athleticism, and clutch performances. He won two NBA championships with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016 and the Los Angeles Lakers in 2020. He also played for the New Orleans Hornets, Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, and Zhejiang Golden Bulls of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA). He retired from basketball in 2020 and enrolled at North Carolina A&T State University, where he joined their golf team. This article will explore JR Smith’s net worth, wiki, age, height, relationship, income, and other details.
JR Smith’s Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, JR Smith has an estimated net worth of $35 million as of 2021. He earned most of his wealth from his basketball career, as well as from endorsements and sponsorships. He signed several lucrative contracts throughout his NBA career, including a four-year, $57 million deal with the Cavaliers in 2016 and a one-year, $2.5 million deal with the Lakers in 2020. He earned about $3 million from playing in China during the 2011-12 NBA lockout. Some of his endorsement deals include Nike, Beats by Dre, Hennessy, and Fanatics.
JR Smith was born on September 9, 1985, in Freehold Borough, New Jersey. His full name is Earl Joseph Smith III. He has three brothers: Chris, Dimitrius, and Stephen. He also has two daughters, Demi and Dakota. His parents are Ida and Earl Smith Jr.
- Smith attended four high schools in New Jersey: Steinert High School, McCorristin Catholic High School, Lakewood High School, and Saint Benedict’s Preparatory School. He was a highly-rated basketball player who won the co-MVP award with Dwight Howard at the 2004 McDonald’s All-American Game. He also excelled in football and baseball. He committed to play college basketball at North Carolina but decided to enter the 2004 NBA draft instead.
- The New Orleans Hornets selected Smith with the 18th overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft. He played for the Hornets for two seasons before being traded to the Denver Nuggets in 2006. He spent five seasons with the Nuggets and became one of the best sixth men in the league. He averaged a career-high 18.1 points per game in the 2009-10 season.
- In 2011, Smith signed with the Zhejiang Golden Bulls of the CBA during the NBA lockout. He averaged 34.4 points per game in China and made the CBA All-Star team. He returned to the NBA in 2012 and joined the New York Knicks. He won the NBA Sixth Man of the Year award in 2013 after averaging 18.1 points per game off the bench.
- In 2015, Smith was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers along with Iman Shumpert and a first-round pick for Dion Waiters and three other players. He became a key contributor for the Cavaliers alongside LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. He helped the Cavaliers win their first NBA championship in 2016 after coming back from a 3-1 deficit against the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. He hit several clutch three-pointers in Game 7, including one that tied the game at 89-89 with less than three minutes left.
- Smith remained with the Cavaliers until 2019 when he was waived after playing only 11 games in the previous season. He only played for a team in the 2019-20 season once he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers in July 2020 to replace Avery Bradley, who opted out of playing in the NBA bubble due to COVID-19 concerns. Smith reunited with James and won his second NBA championship with the Lakers after they defeated the Miami Heat in six games in the NBA Finals.
- Smith retired from basketball after winning his second ring with the Lakers. In August 2021, he enrolled at North Carolina A&T State University to pursue a degree in liberal studies. He also joined their golf team as he had been passionate about golf since he was young.
Age and Height
JR Smith is currently 38 years old and height 6 feet 6 inches.
JR Smith has been married to Jewel Harris since August 2016. They have two daughters together: Demi (born in June 2009) and Dakota (born prematurely in January 2017). Smith also has a daughter named Peyton from a previous relationship. smith and Harris have had some ups and downs in their marriage. In December 2019, Harris posted a video on Instagram accusing Smith of cheating on her with actress Candice Patton. Smith denied the allegations and said he and Harris had been separated for months. In July 2020, Smith was spotted with another woman in Los Angeles, sparking divorce rumors. However, Smith and Harris have reconciled as they celebrated their fifth anniversary in August 2021.
JR Smith’s income mainly came from his basketball career, as well as from endorsements and sponsorships. According to Basketball Reference, he earned over $90 million in NBA salary alone. He also made money from playing in China and various deals with brands like Nike, Beats by Dre, Hennessy, and Fanatics.
JR Smith is a former NBA player who had a successful career as a three-point shooter, sixth man, and champion. He played for six teams in the NBA and in China for one season. He retired from basketball in 2020 and enrolled at North Carolina A&T State University to pursue a degree and play golf. He is married to Jewel Harris and has three daughters. He has an estimated net worth of $35 million as of 2021.